Aller au contenu
Warhammer Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Des bouts de fluff, par Josh Reynolds

Thindaraiel

Messages recommandés

Josh Reynolds a écrit des romans dans le Monde-Qui-Fut, dont 2 romans de la Fin des Temps. Il fut à ce titre fortement interrogé par les fans sur son blog https://ask.fm/JoshMReynolds. Pendant des mois, il répondit à nombre de questions, donnant de nombreux détails sur des aspects inédits de la Fin des Temps, avant que Games Workshop ne le rappelle à l'ordre, lui intimant d'arrêter de "jouer avec leur propriété intellectuelle". Reynolds arrêta alors de parler de Warhammer, se contentant de réponses très évasives.

Mais il est de retour, et cette fois pour parler de l'Age de Sigmar. Autour des romans qu'il a écrits, les fans lui posent des questions, poussant plus loin l'exploration du monde. Ci-dessous, un florilège de questions/réponses plutôt intéressant (j'ai fait une première sélection, il y a peut-être des questions que j'ai laissées de côté qui mériteraient qu'on y revienne). En anglais par manque de temps pour traduire tout ça, s'il y a un volontaire pour s'y coller qu'il le fasse ! Je complèterai plus tard, au fur et à mesure de nouvelles interventions de l'auteur.

Sur Klaxus

Citation

How large is the kingdom of Klaxus? And what was Klaxus like culturally? What did the people look like physically? Skin tone and so on.

Fairly large. The crater held multiple city-states. Culturally, I imagined them as being somewhat akin to ancient Axum and/or Kush. Appearance-wise, I figured they resembled folks from Ethiopia or the Sudan.

you say culturally Klaxus is akin to ancient Axum and/or Kush, so I must ask how was Sigmar depicted in art?
As a scowling, bearded man, in armour made from fire and lightning.

In Klaxus what did the temples of Sigmar look like? Also what was his clergy like there? how did they worship Him( before the chaos corruption)
I...described all of that in the book, actually. Not in great detail, but it's there. They're pyramidal structures with open dome like roofs. The clergy were robed hierophants who made offerings of plunder, crops and slaves to Sigmar in the form of the sun and the moon.

Sur Azyrheim

Citation

How large is Azyrheim? It must be astronomical in size to be able to hold the populations of countless worlds within the Mortal realms.
You just answered your own question.

I know I answered my own question, But just thinking about the size of Azyrheim. I don't think all the hive worlds in the Imperium combined can match it in size or even be a fraction of it.
That is certainly possible.

Do you find it ironic that one of the realms we've seen the least is the Realm of Heavens? It's one of the realms I want to know more about the most.
Not really. It's probably intentional. All of the action is happening elsewhere at the moment, with the Realmgate Wars and such. But I suspect we'll be seeing more of Azyr sooner or later.

How do you envision the quality of life of people who live in Azyrheim?
Interestingly, I'm writing a book right now that talks a bit about that. Basically, great in some places, not so great in others.

Sur Excelsis

Citation

So we get a street level view of one of the Cities that Sigmar founded after the realmgate wars The Eight Lamentations, can you say which city it is? Is it a city we've heard of before? or is it a city that we have not seen before?
Sure. It's Excelsis.
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Excelsis
I can't actually say any more about it, though.

How do you envision Excelsis in size? As things in the age of Sigmar tend to be big and Epic.
I actually can't say much about it. It's bigger than any city in the Old World, though.

You say Excelsis will be bigger than any City from the old world. So will it rival Azyrheim? Or will it be as big as a hive city?(from 40k). As Excelsis is supposed to be a Bastion of order and a new great City like Hammerhall(which has countless armies in it, Source "season of War" PDF)
If I had to guess, I'd say it's smaller than Azyrheim. Azyrheim is BIG. But yeah, you could compare Excelsis to a hive city, I'd say.

Sur Nagash

Citation

How do the mortal's of shyish worship nagash? Would they be more than happy to become undead? Viewing it as something greater than their mortal coils?
In different ways, in different places, I imagine. Some might yearn to be undead, others don't. Some might co-exist with the dead, in a form of ancestor worship, while others might seal their dead away, to be forever undisturbed ('render unto Nagash').
Think of it this way - even monotheistic religions tend to have a lot of variability in ritual, if not dogma. And Nagash probably doesn't care about *how* he's worshipped, so long as he's worshipped.

In the world that was vampires were considered the "blood of nagash". Considering Nagash is now a god are vampires viewed differently to the mortals of shyish compared to the other realms? In this case would Neferata and Mannfred appearing in a town they would be viewed as some form of holy figure?
Pretty much, yes, depending on the place and context. In some places, vampires are possibly seen as the equivalent to messengers from god - prophets and holy men. In others, as those who have been blessed - or cursed - by a god. Immortality might not be seen as a good thing by those who worship death.

I have a question what does nagash see in mannfred? Lore wise? He must have a trait or factor that nagash see's value in. Compared to the other Mortarch's.
In my opinion, Mannfred is a scrambler. Always seeking his own advantage in any situation, and quick to seize on any opportunity that comes his way. A tactical schemer. He acts as a counterbalance to the qualities embodied in Neferata - patience and strategy - and Arkhan - loyal and unambitious.
Nagash is paranoid. He sees traitors in every shadow and cannot conceive of someone not wanting what he has (in fact, he and Mannfred are a LOT alike). The Mortarchs are simultaneously his most powerful followers and the greatest potential dangers to his reign. So, Mannfred exists because he acts as a foil to Neferata, upsetting her schemes and distracting her from any attempts at usurpation, and as a rival to Arkhan, prodding him into action and keeping him alert for treachery.
Too, Mannfred is the most aggressive of the Mortarchs - Neferata, by nature, would rather out think the enemy than face them in the field, while Arkhan's loyalty prevents him from striking out on his own initiative much. Mannfred will happily take the war to the enemy, and have no difficulty adapting to an ever-changing situation. Neferata would rather die than abandon what's hers, and Arkhan's major overriding concern is defending Nagash. Mannfred, on the other hand, will happily abandon his army if it looks like he's going to lose, escape, rebuild and try again at a later date. Smash him down, he just pops up elsewhere, with another army and an even more infuriating scheme. He serves Nagash by serving his own ambitions - like Nagash, he cannot conceive of defeat, or failure. So whatever happens, he'll just keep trying.
More simply, Neferata is Nagash's castellan, defending his holdings. Arkhan is his grand vizier, overseeing the running of the realm and handing down orders. And Mannfred is his champion, casting down his foes (whoever they might be) and making them curse the name of Nagash.

What does sigmar see in nagash? Why does he keep trying to make an alliance with this monster?
Well, Nagash was the first god to join the pantheon and the last to abandon it. He was also, maybe, probably, the first god Sigmar freed. Which means, maybe, probably, that Sigmar and Nagash had a few centuries of buddy-cop adventures in the mortal realms before everyone else showed up.
Sigmar and Nagash, back-to-back, against the continent-sized volc-giants of primordial Aqshy. Against the last of the hydragors. Against the first champions of Chaos. Think of the wars they waged together, twin gods, one dark, one light. What if a younger, brasher Sigmar helped Nagash conquer Shyish? What if a more trusting Nagash helped Sigmar cleanse monsters from the snowy peaks of what is now Azyrheim?
Why do you think Sigmar's reaction to Nagash's betrayal (or supposed betrayal) was so violent? Why would he abandon the war effort to go pound in Nagash's head, if they hadn't maybe, probably, been friends?
Maybe Sigmar is hoping that his friend will come back. That's just my opinion though. Your mileage may vary.

How can Sigmar be friends with someone as evil as Nagash and still be called benevolent? Nagash is a cruel and malevolent being.
Yes. Now. But we don't know what he was like, then. We don't know what Sigmar was like then either, for that matter. Is the Sigmar now the same god who got into a head-butting contest with Gorkamorka and then proceeded to shatter a continent in a wrestling match? Or has he changed? If he changed, what about Nagash?
We assume this Nagash is just Old World Nagash, when we know Sigmar, Grimnir and Alarielle are greatly altered from their past selves. What if he was too? What if evil Nagash isn't the default but instead something more recent? What if he was different here, before the Age of Myth came to an end, and then became the nightmarish force of evil we know and love?
Too, we know Alarielle's personality depends on where her soulpod was planted and the season it was planted in. What if Nagash's outlook depends on the state of the souls coming into his realm? Not a lot of folks dying peaceful deaths these last few centuries, are there? What if all those violent deaths caught up with him, and drove him insane? Millions of souls, crying out in agony and terror, forever and ever, and only Nagash can hear them.
Remember, he worked peacefully with the Pantheon for centuries. He helped build the first cities. So what changed, and why?
Again, all just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

Sur l'Age du Chaos

Citation

How long did the age of chaos last? As some books state that it lasted Millennia While others are stating it lasted merely hundreds of years. And I have a hard time believing chaos conquered and ruled seven universes in/for 500 years.
It lasted a millennia AND hundreds of years, because time (and the perception thereof) doesn't flow correctly around Chaos, remember? Too, one could be considered a derivation of the other (i.e. a millennia is many hundreds of years).
And remember, the Age of Chaos has two parts - the period after the closing of the Gates of Azyr, and then the period where Khorne decided to attack the other Chaos gods because he was bored.
Also, 'conquer' and 'rule' are not synonymous. One implies that they beat the tar out of every organised force that could be a threat. The other implies that they were making laws, and collecting taxes.
The former happened most everywhere - Chaos rolled through, flattening anyone that tried to make a stand, and then rolled on, leaving the survivors to pick up the pieces. In other places, they fought the inhabitants to a standstill, or simply missed them entirely. Not big on logistics, your average Chaos warlord.
But ruling? Nah. Some places, sure. But not everywhere. There were kingdoms where the aristocracy were full on Chaos worshippers, or were conquered and ruled by Chaos (the Blighted Duchies, the Triumvirate of Charn, Klaxus, etc.), but there were others which fought against Chaos.
The realms are vast, and contain a multitude of stories.

Sur l'absence de la Bretonnie

Citation

How would you add bretonnia into AoS? And what would their religion be? Also what units would they have? Thanks
I wouldn't, frankly. Instead, I'd make a faction of chivalrous knights riding giant monsters. A kingdom(s) where instead of seeking the grail, they seek out the largest, fiercest questing beast they can find, tame it and ride it into glorious battle. Bigger the beast, more authority you have. Knight on a demigryph - probably a local landowner. Knight on a mawcrusha? A duke, at least.
The knights would have household levies - spearmen, bowmen, etc. that follow them into battle, and possibly other knights, and their beasts, sworn to the service of a powerful lord.

Sur les stormcasts féminines

Citation

I heard there'll be female Stormcast Eternals in The Eight Lamentations: Spear of Shadows. Is it true? Thanks.

Possibly. There'll definitely be some in Hallowed Knights: Plague Garden, though. Which will be coming out before Eight Lamentations.

How complicated is the concept of Gender and identity when you have been reforged by a god into an eternal warrior angel of storms?
Surprisingly uncomplicated. But you'll have to wait to find out just how uncomplicated.

Divers sujets

Citation

I have been hearing people say that there is snow in the realm of Fire, is this true? If you know anyway.

Yep. The realms have diverse climates. Aqshy has, among other things, snow capped mountains full of hot springs (like Nagano), equatorial jungles and seas of water, as well as lava.

What are you're seven favorite things that the age of Sigmar setting allows you to do that you couldn't do in the old world?
Mostly I just like inventing unique environments, and being able to experiment with cultures and such. Duardin, for instance. There are duardin in every realm, with their own unique peculiarities and cultures, dictated by their environment. What are duardin in the deserts of Shyish like? Or duardin living in the deep root-caverns of Ghyran?
Basically, it's the opportunity to invent weird, off the wall stuff and not have to worry about it being against the established character of a faction.

Do you think Sigmar is trying to find a way to reverse the effects of the reforging? As it seems like it kind of makes the stormcast eternals less effective and kind of defeats the point of him picking the best heroes he could find.
Funnily enough, I just wrote a book that goes into that a bit. So, I'll just wait and let you read that, when it comes out, instead of answering your question. Sorry.

Walking distances on a cosmic scale, how does trade work between the cities in the Mortal Realms? Just be with a horse and a cart.
Like it would anywhere else. Merchants travel overland, or by sea, usually in caravans or trade fleets, moving along established (or re-established) trade routes. In some places, one method might be preferable to the other, depending on the potential dangers travellers face.

A suivre donc...

Modifié par Thindaraiel

Ma pratique de l'anglais n'étant pas extraordinaire, je. Je ne suis pas sûr d'avoir tout compris. Mais j'ai été très surpris par cette histoire de bretonniens chevauchant des maw-krushas. Je comprends leur système, plus la monture est grosse, plus t'es important. Mais un maw-krusha est plutôt une bête affamée, belliqueuse et totalement incontrôlable. Après ça fait rêver et ça pourrait donner de remarquables conversions.

• 3 mois après...

Encore quelques éléments de fluff par J.Reynolds. Intéressante réflexion sur le lien ténu entre le Monde-Qui-Fut et l'Age de Sigmar et la perpétuation de quelques figures connues :

Citation

Did Skarsnik end up surviving the end times and will he eventually make it in to age of sigmar?

No one survived the End Times, save the Incarnates and those saved by the Chaos gods. And the White Dwarf, obviously.

Even 'survivors' like Mannfred aren't really the originals, but are more likely recreated echoes of those individuals. So, unfortunately, Skarsnik is dead. BUT, even as Gork recreated his favourite blunt object in Gordrakk, so too might Mork recreate his favourite sneaky, kunnin', low-down, no-good backstabbin' git, in one form or another...

So in a previous question you said Mannfred is not really the "original"? Or do you mean possibly did nagash revive the old mortarch's and may have changed them slightly to suit him as servants? The death tome says their bloodlines reach back beyond, far older than the age of myth. Can you explain?

Sure. Mannfred died during the End Times. So did the other Mortarchs. But all of the Mortarchs were part of Nagash (there's a reason the ancient vampires series was called 'The Blood of Nagash'...) in some fashion. They were him, and he was them. In their blood or in their souls. All are one in Nagash isn't just a boast - it's a promise.

When he was revived, he called forth his Mortarchs, one by one, from the ashes of the old universe. Remember how he revived Vlad from a bit of Mannfred's blood? He might have done something akin to that, only with himself, i.e. literally growing them from his own blood and bone. Or, he drew forth whatever was left of their souls from the Realm of Chaos and anchored them in new (possibly unwilling) bodies. OR, or, he did something entirely different...maybe the Mortarchs are all that's left of the other death gods Nagash defeated in his conquest of Shyish, warped into familiar shapes by his will...maybe they're more like the Seraphon, i.e. memories drawn from Nagash's hazy recollections of the Old World and made solid by his magics. There are a lot of possibilities.

Of course, then you're down the rabbit hole. Is Nagash the same Nagash who usurped power in Khemri, or is he some amalgamation of that Nagash and the death gods he devoured in the End Times? Given Sigmar's part in guiding the creation of the Mortal Realms, it's entirely possible that Nagash is less Nagash the Usurper, and more Sigmar's broken memory of who Nagash was, mixed in with Morr, etc. Which might explain why they were such pals before the Pantheon dissolved. Again, so many possibilities.

One more question during the end times Arkhan noted when he looked upon Krell and Mannfred he saw they bore the shadow of nagash just like him. I guess neferata also going by the events by her book. Did this mark them out as "special"? Where nagash would choose them as his chief generals in aos?

It was more that they all bore some fragment of Nagash's power within them, rather than any indication of 'special-ness'. Nagash chose them because of all the souls he was linked to, they were the most effective tools to hand, for his needs.

Think about it this way: Anyone who has been resurrected or empowered by Nagash, even at a remove (like Neferata), has some trace of him, however slight, in them, and it casts a pall over their soul. Think of him like a memetic virus - once you put on the crown of sorcery, read the books of Nagash or use the life-prolonging elixir, his shadow is on you, and you are part of him, whether you like it or not. Sometimes you can stave his influence off, or subvert it, but in most cases, his mind and will are going to eventually overwrite your own, making you his puppet.

Nagash is all, and all are one in Nagash, remember?

Modifié par Thindaraiel

C'est intéressant comme souvent les apocryphes de Reynolds, le côté écho du monde qui fut n'est pas nouveau et me plaît.

Par contre il y a quelques coquilles. 

Personnellement je garderai ces idées dans un coin de ma mémoire mais jusqu'à preuve du contraire ( Dans un livre GW) je ne prends rien de ça pour argent comptant.

Et merci à Thindaraiel de rapporter ces bouts de background ici.

• 2 semaines après...

Quelques nouveaux échanges sur le blog de Reynolds, avec un teaser sur son prochain livre, qui promet de mettre en évidence le culte de Sigmar :

[...] In the forthcoming Eight Lamentations: Spear of Shadows, there's a bit of space devoted to the version of Sigmar worshipped by the people of the worm-cities, which is quite unsettling to a more traditional Sigmar-worshipper (think God-Emperor of Dune...Sigmar's head on a giant worm-body...).

I think it's extremely strange and interesting to know there are worm-cities where humans worship a worm-form of Sigmar. Are they humans who worship a god with animal features, just like egyptian gods or many other pantheons, or are they really some kind of "worm-human-mutant-things"?

They're humans. Just humans who've been living on the back of a giant worm for thousands of years, farming its parasites, drinking rainwater and building things out of its hair. They believe that Sigmar led them to the worm, and that the worm is Sigmar.

If you're interested, you can find out a bit about them in the novel, Legends of the Age of Sigmar: Skaven Pestilens. There'll be a deeper look in the forthcoming novel, Eight Lamentations: Spear of shadows.

So how do people from azyr react when they see a worm-form of Sigmar being worship by these worm-city people?

Wait for the book.

Cool qu'il reprennent des bases de son roman pestiliens, c'était bien sympa sa cité-ver.

On avait pas de référence à un Ver-Sigmar mais on voyait déjà qu'ils avaient leurs propres interprétations du big boss.

• 4 semaines après...

Allez hop, Reynolds est en forme en ce moment :

Sur les aspects divins de Sigmar et des autres dieux

Révélation

Referring to Sigmar/Nagash and one of their aspects being ascendant, how exactly does an aspect ascend? Can more than one ascend at a time? Can you elaborate on what exactly ascendancy entails?
I imagine it works on something like divine instinct. Whose prayers are they answering? What situation are they interceding in? Does Nagash, the Undying King, ten foot tall skeleton pope, show up to collect the soul of a child, or does some smaller, gentler aspect of him handle that task - and if it's the latter, is he even aware of it, or is just reflex, like breathing or blinking?
In my opinion, the gods are simultaneously multifarious and singular, thus all aspects co-exist to a greater or lesser degree, depending on the state of their realm and their power. Some of them are aware of these other aspects, others may well not be.
And ascendancy is just my fancy way of saying whose turn at bat it is. It's the aspect that's driving most of the decisions, for better or worse. It would be situational, I expect. The right aspect for the job, that sort of thing.

What attracts people to cause them to follow nagash? The normal joe's, not the evil necromancer in a tower? Reading novels it seems the normal people have a huge amount of faith in nagash. Does nagash handle his faithful differently compared to sigmar? Shyish is a constant warzone yet they hang on.
Well, the most obvious answer might be that Nagash never really abandoned the field, the way Alarielle or Sigmar did. He was beaten, and retreated, but was still a very tangible presence in his realm, in a way that the other gods weren't. Too, there's a sort of grim inevitability to Nagash that the other gods lack - he's death, and you can't kill death. You can delay it, but it will eventually catch up to you.
Basically, it boils down to good PR. Nagash has been talking, at length, about his own power for *centuries*. Whole generations of mortals have come and gone, knowing only that Nagash is the end made flesh, etc.

As to whether he handles faith differently? Possibly. In my opinion, it's a quality Vs. quantity thing. Sigmar - at least at the moment - cares *how* he's worshipped. Nagash doesn't, he only cares that worship of some sort is taking place.

You often call nagash death it's self. Do you think Alarielle is life it's self or that Sigmar is very heavens incarnate?(he is the sun and the rain, the moon and the wind,planets and stuff).
Yep. I do. When Sigmar moves, so too does the firmament. When he strikes, it is with the force of a comet. His rage is like the heat of the sun. Alarielle moves as the seasons, inexorable and unceasing. Her fury is as the winter's frost, and her joy, the summer's warmth. Et cetera ad nauseum.

If Sigmar cares how he's worshipped. What does he think of the "sigmar's head on a worm body" form of worship?
I don't think he minds. They're fairly peaceable and they're not feeding anybody to the worm, so...too, who's to say that version of him isn't one of his aspects?

Are there any duardin that worship sigmar?
Anything is possible.

As for the duardin that worship sigmar, Would they view sigmar differently then his human worshipers? What aspects of sigmar would they focus on?
Probably. I suspect they'd focus on his aspects relating to strength, the elements, etc. Then, maybe they'd view him as a hearth-god? I dunno. Interesting to consider though.

If there are Aelves that worship sigmar, How would they view sigmar, what would he look like to them? What aspects of sigmar would they focus on?
Definitely, probably, his aspects as a weather-god. As to what he'd look like - well, an aelf probably. Or something less definable. A living tempest or something.

How do the Sylvaneth view sigmar? are there any Sylvaneth that venerate sigmar? How does sigmar view the Sylvaneth?
Anything is possible. Sigmar is likely regarded as a lesser, divine gardener like figure by some groves - a sower of future seeds, etc. Sigmar likely views them the same way he views the children of the other gods - as something to be protected, at best and with benign indifference, at worst.

Can the gods create new aspects of themselves? Or do there worshipers create the new aspects? Or is it both?
In my opinion, it's both. But more the latter than the former. I see it as being an almost instinctive response to external stimuli. Something that happens without the gods being actively aware of it.

So in context of normal worshipers, each time nagash is making a speech in the audio drama(which is awesome) he is talking directly to his faithful and then the priesthood/necromaners/vampires are spreading his word further for those who did not hear it or lack faith?
Pretty much, yep. There are undead whose eternities are consumed with recording his every utterance and nailing it to church doors, Martin Luther-style. There are wars fought among Deathrattle factions over the meaning of certain obtuse statements. There are monasteries where generations of monks, both undead and living, work diligently to translate Nagash's bellicose proclamations into something more inspiring to the common folk.

How did the arrival of the stormcast eternals affect the worship of Sigmar and Nagash in Shyish and the mortal realms?
Reinvigorated the former, had absolutely no effect on the latter, probably.

Sur Sigmar et les Stormcasts

Révélation

How will Sigmar deal with his stormcast eternals becoming a bunch of lobotomized automatons?
Wait and see.

Are stormcast eternals Brainwashed? When sigmar takes heroes does he force them to become stormcast?
He didn't ask first, if that's what you're wondering. But that so many of the Stormcast are questioning the whys and wherefores of the situation seems to imply that there's no intentional brainwashing.

Does Sigmar explain the process of becoming a stormcast eternal to the heroes he takes? and that it will be a painful process.
Possibly, depending on the individual. He doesn't seem to hide the fact that it hurts and they may not survive, though.

What happens to the heroes that don't want to become stormcast eternals when Sigmar takes them?
That's an interesting question. I wonder if someone will start writing a book about that, among other things, in, say, 3-4 months.

If Sigmar is taking the freewill of people to choose to become a stormcast eternal or not. Don't you think that is evil? He is not giving them a choice.
Is he taking their free will, or is he choosing people who've already made that choice, on some level? Do your wishes matter, when it comes to a cosmic war, fought in the name of sentient life everywhere? If your only other option is death (or worse), is it really a choice at all? Are you just a pawn, in the games of the gods, or do your choices matter in some ineffable way?
It's almost as if there's a narrative arc, of sorts, to this whole Stormcast thing, isn't there? Almost as if it might be building to something. Or not. Who knows? Not me. I'm just a guy working on a per-contract basis.

Sur les Cités Libres

Révélation

How does Sigmar view Kaela Mensha Khaine and the Daughters of Khaine? How does he feel about them being in his cities?
Depends on what they're getting up to, doesn't it?

What are the Daughters of Khaine usually getting up to?
Stuff and nonsense. Hijinks. Shenanigans.

How does Sigmar feel about things like opulence and pleasure?
All things in moderation. He's probably not against them, in general, though he's probably against out and out hedonism. Or excesses of any kind, really.

There seems to be a lot of prostitution in hammerhal. How does sigmar feel about prostitution it's self or the prostitution in his cities?
I've never actually thought about it, given that it's something we're not often allowed to directly address in the novels these days (violence = A-Okay; sex = nopenopenope). In my opinion, I doubt he has any particular feeling against it, or those who practice it. Those sorts of petty judgements are more likely to arise among the mortal clergy, than from a multi-dimensional being currently engaged in a cosmic war against the antithesis of a sane universe.

Quelques points divers sur les dieux

Révélation

If Alarielle was to use her power at its full potential, what would she be capable of doing?
In "War in the Hidden Vale", a weakened Alarielle obliterates a greater daemon of Nurgle without much effort. So, scale upwards. She's the equal of Nagash, so her full capabilities are excessively ridiculous.

How does Alarielle feel about having abandoned the realms for so long?
She probably doesn't see it that way, frankly. Her moods are like the seasons, remember? She wasn't in a war-season, so she likely wasn't really capable of doing anything other than what she did. Now, in her current incarnation, she can. I doubt she thinks much about it, beyond that.

How does Sigmar feel about having abandoned the realms for so long?
He ain't happy about it, but it had to be done.

Why does Grungni want the spear of shadows?
Read the book when it comes out, maybe?

Sur Nagash, Shyish et les morts-vivants

Révélation

How many black sun does Nagash have in Shyish? as a lot of the books confirm that there are multiple suns and moons in each realm.
I dunno. I assume just the one. That's not the sort of thing you have more than one of, really. Though he does have at least two moons, one of which is also a ghost.

Nagash has a ghost moon? What's up with that?
It's the ghost of a moon. It's not that crazy. I mean, one of the moons in Ghur is full of werewolves.

What is the not ghost moon like? and are these moons alive or something?
's creepy. Got ruins on it. And it had a giant terrorgheist in it, before Nagash's defeat allowed the beast to escape. Wonder where that thing went...

Anyway, some of them, yes. Possibly. Depends on the realm, I suppose.

So are Deathrattle troops similar to Arkhan now in the fact that they have a conscious of sorts? Remembering in the End Times that Arkhan always wondered what Krell was thinking (if anything) and skeletons were just mindless troops, are they more like skeletal citizens now?
Some are, certainly. I think they're equivalent to how the Tomb Kings functioned - varying levels of awareness, with many being lost in a fugue of memory and routine. Some might be mindless. Others might be fully self aware.

Sur les royaumes

Révélation

Do you have an idea of how big a mortal realm is? When compared to earth.
They're nigh-infinite. So, basically, as big as they need to be. Remember, they're not planets, but entire dimensions.

What do you think the realm of light looks like? bright and colorful?
Some of it, possibly. Not all light is bright, not all of it is colourful. Peaks of cold light, rising above dimly radiant seas. A shoreline of crushed glass, where each grain contains a flickering mote of luminosity. That sort of thing.

How would the realm of life's magical energies effect the humans that lived there? Would there appearance be different to ours?
Possibly, though not uniformly, I suspect. It would depend where they lived in the realm, and what the environment was like. The human who inhabited the sky-kingdoms of Talbion, for instance, were likely evolved for high altitudes and cold climates.

What wonders do you imagine a person can see in the realm of fire?
Jungle kingdoms in the craters of immense lava fields. Flocks of phoenixes hatching, flying, dying and being reborn in the high crags, where hot springs bubble. Herds of scaly bison, stampeding across arid plains, pursued by nomads riding reptilian horses. Monsoon winds, which carry along islands made from ash and cinders. Stone ships sailing the deep magma currents, carrying precious ores and salamander meat to the iron kingdoms of the inner core. Equatorial rivers, winding through thick, steamy forests, where massive beasts roam. That sort of thing.

Modifié par Thindaraiel