Aller au contenu
Warhammer Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

[KINGDOM DEATH]

Azyris

Messages recommandés

Une P..... de mise à jour avec des bonnes nouvelles pour les backers, ça arrive !!!  

J'ai du supprimer pas mal d'images pour poster cette update, donc aller directement à l'adresse :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster/posts/1341911

Fulfillment Update - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92 mentions J'aime

Hello Bakcers! 

The stars have aligned, the ducks are in their rows, mountains of plastic have been organized and the blood from our busy packing fingertips flows freely. Fulfillment is underway. In fact, as I write this now, nearly 1,500 small reward boxes have already been packed and are in some stage of transportation.

Communication
When we post an update, there is a volcanic eruptions of comments, questions and support tickets that sear themselves into the teams collective inboxes. The heat is often so high, that we have to shut down and suit up in hazard wear until we've beaten it back to a mild simmer. 

It was vital that I was absolutely sure of our facts. Before I posted an update. Otherwise myself and the team would spend time answering legitimate questions, without legitimate answers. 

As the project lead, it is my personal responsibility to ensure the delivery of our collective rewards. While I was setting up, finalizing and securing a global logistics plan, I did not have the bandwidth to post an update. I am not apologizing, nor is this an excuse. I will always prioritize ensuring the creation and delivery of our rewards over communication. 

The people supporting this (you guys) are the best. I know you understand the complication, scale and overall insanity of our project. And that gives me the perseverance to forge ahead. We are Kingdom Death and very soon, our survivors we will all by dying over and over and over and over AND OVER AGAIN!

FULLFIMENT HAS OFFICALLY BEGUN

e15f0af20ad686a0bee023131fceb168_origina

Fulfillment is being divided into 3 waves.

Wave 1 - Small Rewards
We are packing these personally in our studio. (Yes including me!) Small rewards are: pinups, promos, dice, extra heads, resins, t-shirts and armor kits. Basically all your extras. This DOES NOT include: core game, survivor level rewards OR expansions.

2b22b0151d8bb0b06562f152fdffde1b_origina

The entire studio has been converted into one giant mail room! It is insane here! I wanted to get us firmly on our way into wave 1 shipping before the kickstarter update. There were a lot of small kinks to work out of our system and we ended up re-arranging our pick and pack line several times to get fully streamlined. 

2ad4c2ede9af0deae9ca97f3c0dda006_origina

All small reward boxes are being shipped directly from us, out to you worldwide. We are using USPS not using Fedex or UPS, as those seem to just add extra fees for you guys. We cannot control your countries import policy, nor your local post office's rules. The vast majority of your pledge paid for things beyond raw goods, thus we have declared the value of your small rewards appropriately. I can't be more specific then that.

Every reward box has a gift White Speaker in it. If you are not getting survivor level rewards, then your gift Twilight Knight will be included too. Otherwise your gift Twilight Knight is included in your survivor reward box. 

We are aware of rewards packed the first 2 days that did not include the gift Twilight Knight. Don’t worry, we will correct this!

What is the packing order?
The order that best suits us to pack effectively with as few mistakes as possible. Feel free to speculate wildly! hehehehehe! We will get to everyone and every reward box, no matter how insanely complex it is! So do not fret. 

cf6cdf0de89d84922e6582a3cfac46c2_origina

Promo Rules & Challenge Scenario's
Challenge Scenarios and promo rules are not included in wave 1 shipping. A PDF will be be sent to Resin Beta Backers this month (for some light testing) and then made available for everyone else in November. Following their actual use, I’d like to add a layer of final polishing (+ more art!) before we make a final print run. The printed final version will be available for free to all Bakcers, however you will have to pay for your nominal shipping label.

The Promo Rules & Challenge scenario's explore a lot of crazy idea's and make use of the 4 proxy cards we included in the main game. I want to ensure they are as high quality and polished as the rest of our project. Without he core game, they can't be played. So I saw no point in rushing these out the door.

We have 1 person on 100% full-time dedicated support, Joe is working his ass off to stay on top of everything. If you have an issue, please reach out to him at support@kingdomdeath.zendesk.com 

Please wait until your reward box arrives to report anything that is wrong. 

Wow. There are already unboxing videos surfacing on youtube:

Wave 2 - Core Game & Survivor Reward BoxYEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So here is the plan:

- Ocean freight containers bring games & survivor level rewards to our 4 global warehouses. One in Canada, Australia, EU and the USA.

9c2ff487bbe90b585be0a59dbcd17c0b_origina
  • Warehouses fulfill locally. Meaning EU rewards are shipped from within the EU, USA rewards are shipped from within the USA etc…
  • The EU warehouse will be handling rest of world, with the following exceptions:
  • Asia Rewards are being shipped directly from Hong Kong
  • New Zealand rewards are being shipped from Australia 
  • We are personally handling South America. It's a very difficult place to ship to.

Rough Shipment Windows
Here is when I roughly expect wave 2 rewards to ship. Please note that customs can totally FUCK these windows up. And you should add 5 biz days for the package to actually reach you. As soon as a respective warehouse begins to ship, I will make a KS update to let everyone know. Expect there to be a lot of exclamation points in those updates. 

Kings of Death and Resin Beta Bakcers:
Shipped at ninja speed directly from us in NY, Sept 15 - 20th

Domestic Bakcers:
Shipped via USA warehouse,  October 1st - October 15

International Bakcers:
Shipped via EU, CAN and AU Warehouse: October 15 - November 1st

Wave 3 - Expansions 
Details TBA. These will most likely be handled by the same warehousing partners we are using for wave 2. So they will also ship locally. 

RESIN BETA BACKERS
The plan is to get copies of the game in your hands a good 2 weeks before anyone else. We have an online glossary and an FAQ section that I would love your help to vet and fill out. Provided the express shipment I have on its way to me, does not get held up in customs. Everything will go according to plan. I wanted to give you advanced warning, as shit does happen. They might show up here any day past sept 9th. But until I have them in hand and are slapping your address onto each box... you get where I am going with this.

The intent of the resin beta, was to send out copies of the rules + resin miniatures before everyone else. And now, because things ended up being so tight, there is a small possibility that might not happen. If you are uncomfortable with this, and your value was not so much the resin figures but the early access. Reach out to me RIGHT NOW and let me know. I will make an exception, downgrade your pledge and put the resin package on our webstore so we can re-coup production costs.

As far as content and gorgeous resin miniatures that may not have another production run goes, I did good by you. As far as timing, its truly up to whomever signs the papers at the port. I will have this in the mail to you, as soon as they arrive at out studio here in NY.

Kings of Death 
You guys are all covered. I will be shipping you your content 2 weeks ahead of general fulfillment. Your game units will arrive in time.

If Kings of Death are taken care of, why aren't us Resin Beta Backers?
Herein lies the issue I am ultimately responsible for. I had setup two separate shipments and on the second one, the ball was dropped. I didn't learn about it until recently. This has been corrected, but the timing is not in our favor. At worst, Resin Beta games would just be 1st on the que and get upgraded to expedited ninja shipping and your resins will go out 2 weeks ahead. It all depends on customs.

Expansions Here is exactly where we are with the expansions. 

• All expansion miniatures have been produced. 
  • I approved digital proofs.
  • There is so much artwork in these it makes me want to throw up!
  • Next step is to receive and approve final boxed physical samples.
  • Ive been given an “end of September” date for these being ready to ship. 
  • I suggest you take that with a fistful of salt, as historically the dates I’ve been provided have not met with reality.
  • We are hoping to get these out before the holidays, but I am more realistic about Jan 2016. 

Proofs!! Upper right hand corner, Zachary in a dress for the lion knight expansion.

Man Hunter Expansion Book

Sunstalker Expansion. I worked super duper hard on this. If you didn't pick one up, I hate you just a tiny bit! 

Mama Gorm!!!

Gencon
We went to Gencon 2015 and it was an amazing, awesome experience! I was pretty nervous, as being an in public talk to face to face sorta person is not my forte. However a big thank you to everyone that stopped by and offered their encouragement and support. Despite our tiny 10x10 booth in the far far dark corner of the exhibitor hall, we were pretty much slammed all the time and had so much collective validation thrown at us in happy fist fulls! People COULD NOT believe just how much content was heading their way, in the core game box alone. I was also a little shocked to meet so many retailers that wanted to carry the game. I was like... you know this is like a super niche project by an insane person right? 

I can't recall the name of the guy that stopped by with the Great Game Hunter diorama. Dear sir, I am sorry! Seeing it totally made my day tho! According to Elizabeth Beckley, WE are the reason she got into miniature painting. How crazy is that. Its like the most flattering thing anyone has ever said about our project! If you like her work, you can see more of it on her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MiniatureMistress

0439195becd8c978d3bd407095f9bf84_origina

Gallery 42
The big highlight for me, and something I was ultra nervous about. Was the fully fledged Phoenix Demo's I personally ran over at Gallery 42. This was something setup by Geekchic XP. They had this amazing gallery rented out and offered us an opportunity to use some of it. The end result was like nothing I have ever experience before, like some sort of weird shared gaming-orgy-delusion between myself and about 20 people. I have never been so connected to essentially strangers on such a sigfignant imagination plane before.
        The excitement level was so high, even the staff at the Gallery started to watch, eventually pulling up chairs and sharing in strategy talks before people made their moves.  The combination of the game, the people and the place, it was like there was actual magic in the air and it was making some intensely crazy things happen in the game. I'll never forget the gentlemen using the Zanbato wielding survivor, that got knocked around and missed EVERY attack roll the entire fight. Until finally it was just him and the phoenix left and somehow... against all odds he managed to pull thru in the clinch bringing victory to his dead teammates! 
       Another insane example would be the good sir that managed to land a flurry of hits, flipping 5 safe hit location cards. If he had managed to wound every last one, it would have killed the Phoenix! Included in his drawn cards was the deathblow, which offers special campaign rewards if you kill a monster on that card. So I upped the ante, told him if he managed to kill the monster on the deathblow, I'd give him the Phoenix right off the table! And so he rolled, first result... critical wound, second result critical wound, third result critical wound! The 4th card had a rule on it, wherein if its critical wounded, your actually knocked down as your showerd with goo. Its only card like that in the Phoenix's deck. But there was no way he'd roll a 4th critical in a row right? NOPE! He rolled another critical wound! WTF! That's 4 9's and 10's in a row. (Lion Beast Katar gives you +1 luck). So he didn't pull the feat off... but... he was so intensely close.
       The last group included someone that drove from a very far distance away, just, ONLY to participate in the phoenix demo. (There was actually another guy that drove down from Connitiect, thru the night!) The battle opens up and a highly risky play leads to the phoenix suffering a persistent injury wherein it will knock itself down every time it attempted to materialize. And so, the individual, instead of attacking, just used his rawhide head band to keep peaking the monsters AI deck and lining up his cards so that all the poor thing did was attempt to use its powers and fall over. The team work, was amazing. I was so impressed, so thrilled. I got to create this insane thing and there I was playing it and having the time of my life. Fucking. Awesome.

Every group at the gallery won that day. I am sort of still baffled how! But they did! I'll never forgot those climatic battles. To everyone that stopped by. Thank you. I regret that none of these games were filmed.. Ugh!!!! lol

Gencon Press
We only knew a few weeks in advance that we would even be at the show. This gave us an incredibly short time to prepare and of course, zero time to reach out to any news sources. Despite this, many places stopped by and checked us out anyway!

The Techraptor guys were awesome!

Beasts of War stopped by!

And the BOLS crew!!!!!!!

The show was amazing. I had an absolute blast! We are really hoping we can make it again for 2016! It is very HARD to get space as a newcomer at Gencon. They are packed to the brim. So if you know anyone, pull some strings for us!!!

df6930cb866cf124f592705b7396535c_origina

GORM EXPANSION

The Gorm rules! The expansion adds a lot to the game that is design-wise, unexplored in other expansions. The Gorm Armor Set is extremely defensive and unlike every other Armor set currently out there, it's only 4 parts instead of 5. The Chest and Waist are a single gear card! 

The armor set allows for some interesting combination plays and a more hit & run style of tactics. The Gorm boots allow another survivor to pass the wearer, so you could have for example, your higher speed but lighter armor type, move in for an attack, then dash behind the more defensive Gorm Wearer, whom has already attacked and gained a free block for the set.

And well Mammoth hunting basically adds flanking! 

03854e382df18af2efe9a389fb1d01cf_origina

Visit the Gorm Graveyard, work your way through the 4 levels of alchemy in an attempt to create the Elixir of life... or you know, craft the Black Sword which has 30 strength in the hands of a Sword Master! 

A big reason I love this expansion so much. Is that you can start to tackle it very early in a settlements timeline. A level 1 Gorm can be taken down by a year 1 or 2 settlement, making for an interesting content curve, as it introduces a slower but tougher set of Gear. It's neat! I highly recommend anyone that grabbed this expansion to give early Gorm Hunting a shot.

I couldn't find the Gorm Miniatures I assembled. So I just took a bunch of high res shots of their sprues. There are so many axes!

bfb4840c52096243720fc56c44e9237c_origina

Sneak Peak!

As a treat between rounds of packing we have been play testing the Nightmare Ram expansion! It has some more "classic" dungeon crawling elements and right now the Monster loves to slam you through unexplored rooms and directly into spikes! We are messing with cold climates and giant Hissing Cockroaches filled with boiling water, to you know... keep you warm at night.

e9422f61c865db85bc58ca5ab23bee01_origina

Years of Cheesy Music have led up to this point.
So here I am, one headphone on blasting god awful cheesy music and one foot on a little rocking chair where this tiny human hangs out and gnaws on this really cute owl toy. If you had asked me 3 years ago, if I would be writing a huge update to thousands of fans for an utterly irresponsible 17 lbs game which is just mere weeks away from being in their hands... I don't know how I would have responded. Maybe with an, are you insane why does it weigh so much?

I dreamed of making an insane game and now its real. If I could send KD:M back in time it probably would have consumed Young Adam's life. I doubt he would have ever gone on to make it, because he would have been too busy playing it! You know that actually sounds pretty bad. It's a good thing time travel doesn't exist, because I would have just undone this retarded and utterly staggering amount of work.

The stuff we showed off at gencon was just the tip of the iceberg. If your comfortable with learning the hard way, making desperate gambits and accepting Death at every turn. I can't even fathom a miniature game that offers more fun and more emergent game play moments then this does on a regular basis. 

I am just so excited. It's sooooo close. Boats are nearly in ports! Warehouses are standing by! AUGH!!! I don't want to be patient, I want to just spoil every little cool thing we crammed in and be done with it! SO HARD TO CONTROL URGE! 

And so, I'd like to close this update. By once again thanking you bakcers. Thank you for the years of kind emails and support, thank you for coming by our booth and shaking our hands, thank you for sitting down and fighting the phoenix with me, thank you for constantly challenging me, thank you for having such high expectations, thank you for money to make this all happen (shame its all LONG GONE)! 

The biggest question I've heard recently. Is if we plan on creating a more simplified starter set. And while, I am not ready to answer that question. I can say, that this game is my starter set for you guys. It is the pinnacle of what I could muster and has every scrap of heart I could cram in. 

No exceptions.
No corners cut.

Thank you again, from the very bottom of my being, for this amazing opportunity.
Please enjoy your small rewards while you wait for our games to start shipping.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Modifié par Mau Arras

Je remarque surtout que niveau Europe, on est passé de Septembre à Fin-Octobre pour la livraison de la boite de base... L'attente qui n'en fini plus.

Vague 1 : les récompenses bonus exclusives diverses sans leurs règles. Cela comprend les Pin-ups, D10 KD:M, les T-Shirts, Les socles gravés, Résines diverses, White-Speaker et le Twilight Knight bonus, les 4 Messengers, les personnages collaboratif (Soda Pop Mini etc) et les Kit d'armures. Bref toutes les babiole que l'on a pu commander à coté du KS sauf le contenu bonus des boite Edition Survivor

Vague 2 : Boite de Base et Edition Survivor/Deluxe Survivor

C'est là que ça devient le bowdel, les aléa du transport pouvant mettre le boxon. Une update KS sera faite pour éclaircir le sujet mais ce que l'on peut déjà retenir c'est ceci /

International Bakcers:
Shipped via EU, CAN and AU Warehouse: October 15 - November 1st

Vague 3 : Les Extensions, de nouvelles updates viendront.
Poots aimerait que les extension soient prête pour le transport pour Fin Septembre afin qu'elle arrivent au pledgers pour Noël mais de l'aveux même du monsieur mieux vaut ne pas compter avant Janvier 2016.

Voila pour les infos vraiment importantes, le bout du tunnel est proche.

Du reste Poots parle de GenCon qui fut de la folie et dont on a pu quelque peu suivre la chose grâce à quelques vidéos. D'ailleurs cliquez sur le liens de Mau Arras, il y a bien plus de photos et vidéos sur la page de l'update.

Il parle aussi de son passage à la Gallery Forty-Two à Indianapolis où il a animé une série de Démo sur le Phénix, un des boss de la boite de base. Il donne quelques anecdote de jeu comme celle d'un survivant équipé d'un Zanbato (sabre à deux main/pelle à tarte) qui a passé le combat à rater ses attaques et à se faire jeter au sol pour voir tous ses compagnons mourir un à un. Il n'a pu se relever qu'une fois seul et a fini le boss en un coup.

Les quelques mots sur l'extension Gorm nous parlent de la possibilité d'avoir des personnages très défensifs grâce à l'Armure craftable. Basiquement, en lisant le peu de choses révélées (Ossuaire, Technique de Combat anti-Mastodontes, morphologie du monstre etc), j'ai l'impression que le Gorm est un peu l'éléphant cauchemardesque du monde de KD. x)

Merci Vlad pour le résumer.

A noter que la core box va être envoyé à partir d'Europe donc pas de frais de douane en plus c'est bien ça ? Mais que la wave 1 sera envoyer de New York donc frais de douane à prévoir au cas ou.

La vidéo de l'unboxing donne vraiment envie de recevoir tout ça.

J'ai reçu ma Sci-Fi Twillight Knight, on est sur le même type de grappe plastique que la boîte de pin up et le même niveau de détails, du très bon en somme, un peu déçu que l'art soit très abîmer à cause du transport par contre.

• 3 semaines après...

Dernier post de Adam Poots hier soir :

"AU & CAN core games & survivor levels should be on their way. EU Boat expected to arrive today. Still working on Wave 1 (small rewards). Small rewards with Armor Kits & Resins start to ship out next week.

Avec un peu de chance les boites commenceront à être expédiées la semaine prochaine. En tout cas aux Etats-Unis la distribution du jeu a déjà commencée.

Pour ce qui est des frais de douanes, je dis tant mieux si on peut les éviter, mais ca me parait bizarre qu'il y ait un processus qui permette de les éviter via les bateaux. Donc je dis qu'il faut rester prudent et être prêts à tout éventualité.

Je viens de recevoir mon premier colis!!!

Franchement, la qualité est au rendez-vous même si je voyais les figs plus grandes ;)

J'ai recu :

1 x Spider Silk Assassin: Plastic (ppin_11)
1 x Allison the Twilight Knight: Plastic (ppin_12)
1 x Promo: Candy and Cola (kss_3)
1 x Promo: Kara Black (kss_4)
1 x Messenger of Courage (kss_5)
1 x Messenger of the Spiral Path (kss_6)
1 x Messenger of the First Story (kss_7)
1 x Messenger of Humanity (kss_8)
1 x Thsirt 2XL ( xxl)

Je n'ai pas encore pu les inspecter de fond en comble mais je sais ce que je fais ce soir !

Trouvez à partir du dernier mail de KD, un open the box du colis avec la boite de base.

La boîte et le contenue me semble très classieux au vue des photos, vivement que je puisse avoir les mains dessus.

Pour l'histoire des douanes, c'est tout simplement que les boîtes sont livrées dans un entrepôt en Allemagne puis dispatcher après dans les autres pays, je suis pas un pro dans la logistique, mais c'est une pirouette déjà utilisé par plein de KS pour éviter les frais de douanes dans l'UE.

Snorri, tu avais reçu le mail pour te confirmer l'envoie des rewards bien avant de les recevoir ? Personnellement j'ai juste eu le mail en début de semaine et rien dans la boîte au lettre.

Modifié par Azyris

Diantre ! Cette boite va vraiment être monstrueuse. J'avais prévu un outboxing vidéo, je vais devoir agrandir l'espace prévu pour enregistrer. XD

En toute logique on devrait passer à travers les mailles du filet concernant les douanes.

Pour la Wave 1, j'ai personnellement reçu un mail m'annonçant l'envois de ma boite le 9 Septembre puis aucune nouvelle jusqu'à réception du colis le 19 (Soit 10jours d'attente).

Modifié par VladimirVonBourrin

Ouaip, même trop beau pour un jeu. Je crois que je n'oserais pas y toucher, que ce soit pour y jouer ou pour monter et peindre le contenu d'autant que certaines kits plastoc (de la boîte Pin Up of Death) m'ont paru assez chiants à coller (Photos ici et ici).

Alors pour la collec', des p'tites boîtes KD à peine ouvertes qui s'entassent c'est un plaisir malgré tout, mais un gros machin comme ça, je passe mon tour même si faut avouer que c'est tentant. On va plutôt attendre que la gamme courante se garnisse en figs plastocs.

Modifié par Invité

• 2 semaines après...

Après petit déballage de la boîte, on a donc bien de la bonne qualité, le livré de règle est très sympathique avec des illustrations qui placent directement dans l'ambiance de l'univers.

Juste les panneaux de monstres et d'avancer qui sont un peu fin à mon goût, à voir à l'usage.

Les figurines sont dans la même matière que celle sortie pour la boîte plastique de pin-up, bien détailler et peu d’ébarbage à prévoir, par contre à prévoir des joint à combler surtout pour les grosses pièces comme le phoenix.

KD va mettre en place des guides de montages sur leur site internet, ce qui ne sera pas une ajout inutile vue le nombre de petites mains a placer sur le phoenix.

Je vais essayer de voir si c'est possible d'aimanter les différentes parties de corps des kit, ça me semble faisable a première vue, mais ça va demander beaucoup de larmes et de sueur.

J'ai reçu la mienne aujourd'hui (mais toujours pas la Wave 1, sans mail).

Pour ne parler que des figurines, la qualité est excellente. Quasiment aucune ligne de moulage, et des détails ahurissants. C'est fin. Quand on est habitué à du GW, on peut être difficile, mais là, on est sur des standards similaires. Vivement le reste !

Oui je confirme la qualité des figurines. Le détail des plumes !!!

BOn alors il est temps de recenser les joueurs !! J'avais créé un sujet dans le sous forum discussions générales. Jetez y un oeil pour voir un peu la carte des joueurs de France.

Ahhhhhh ! Quelle jolie surprise que cette boîte en rentrant du travail !
Je suis comme un enfant de 5 ans à noël ! La boîte est monstrueuse en taille et en qualité. Le contenu est de très bonne facture.

Il reste juste à lire et comprendre les règles ...