Aller au contenu
Warhammer Forum

Nains du Chaos (armée) - Livre d'Armée par Thommy H

Dreadaxe

Messages recommandés

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14481

I'm a menace. I have to be stopped. Because, you see, over the last few years I've come to realise that one of my hobbies is "writing Warhammer: Chaos Dwarfs". I don't know why I've fixated on just doing this, over and over, but it may have something to do with this community and the way it continues to be such an amazing source of creativity and talent.

The story behind [i]this[/i] version is that, about this time last year, I was contemplating the newest Warhammer army books and thinking about my Chaos Dwarfs. As much as I'd put into the last book, there was no denying that it had its origins prior to 8th Edition, and even though I'd retroactively rebuilt the thing and tried to make it work, it was just [i]too much[/i]. I wanted to be able to field my army with a simple set of rules. I wanted to use Tamurkhan, really, but I had some issues with that: not only were some of the units a bit wonky, but I actually couldn't properly represent some of my collection.

Example: my [url=http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10859&pid=232265#pid232265]Immortals.[/url] A unit of fantastic Titan Wargames Royal Guard with great weapons. Ideally, these would be Infernal Ironsworn, but Ironsworn can't get great weapons. So Infernal Guard then? They can have great weapons, but they can't ditch their shields, so they're still not right! And every time I went through the process of fitting my army to the Legion of Azgorh, I became frustrated and wanted a better solution.

My plan, such as it was, was to make a "simplified list" that would be a tidied up LoA with a few extra units - namely Immortals, Overlords, Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers and Black Orcs. I kept most of the rules the same, just reworked them to fit better with 8th Edition and got rid of some of the crazier excesses, like the K'daai Destroyer's bizarre stats. I was pleased with this work, but didn't do much else with it. Then Warhammer: Dwarfs came out and I started thinking about Chaos Dwarf rules again. I wanted to revamp my book. I wanted to have it look and feel like the Dwarf one and just be up to my current standards. In the process, I added in Acolytes and the Altar of Hashut, just because.

Instead, I tarted up my basic list and made [url=http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14170]Legions of Zharr[/url]. People seemed to quite like this, and I think the formatting is a step up from what came before. But the more I looked at this, the more I thought it wouldn't be [i]that[/i] hard to work it up into a full book - I would really start from scratch this time, slaying the sacred cows (almost literally!) and write new fluff, use newer art, go all out with the presentation...

Anyway, here's the bloody thing. I can't figure out how to embed Issuu publications as the site's changed quite a bit since I last used it (any ideas, Xander?) but I believe you can download it straight from there at least:

I'm so sorry, everyone.
http://issuu.com/thommy_h/docs/warhammer_-_chaos_dwarfs_2014